Today’s Engineering Department has been transformed from Research & Development Centre – established in the sixties of the previous century – into the organisation that meets the latest aviation and quality regulations as well as individual requirements of the Users of final products, that is the helicopters. Also, Engineering is the approved Design Organisation in accordance with PART 21 Subpart J.
The main tasks of the Engineering Department cover assurance of innovativeness and the required safety level for the helicopter configurations designed at PZL-Świdnik. This is carried out via modernisation and innovative research and development activities.
Engineering comprises highly qualified engineering and research staff with wide spectrum of competence and experience who:
- prepare new technical solutions for the helicopter design,
- validate new technical solutions for fatigue, ground and flight tests,
- certify new technical solutions in international aviation agencies for compliance with the applicable aviation law,
- initiate and coordinate research and development projects,
- actively participate in development of helicopter technique as regards new design solutions and new materials in aviation industry.
The structure of Engineering covers design and computation centres, engineering laboratory and flight test department. Engineering broadly cooperates with production organisations and sub-suppliers of design and production services.
Performance of research and development activities is a complex issue and often requires extra involvement, experience, extensive technical and managerial knowledge on project management, patience and determination.